50 seconds to death.


It was 0930 in the morning when Iheard my alarm. I immediately woke up and take my shower to prepare for work, My shift for today starts at 1030. With Foodpanda, our payments were based on the number of order we get in a day and our salary will be given weekly. It was the last day ofthe week when the incident happend, and I planned to work on a 12 hours shift which will end at around 2200.

 


It's part of the Foodpanda policy to wear theรฏr shirt and the order bag with a pink grey panda design during our shift. The bag at the back is where we put the ordered food safely.

To cut the story short, on that day it was raining quite heavily between 1500 to 1800. As a dispatcher, the condition of the weather is not an excuse, we must deliver the ordered food to our customers on time. But sometimes, the customer also understands our situation, and instead, they send a message to us "never mind if its late, take care of your safety".

I was on my way to the customer's location when I was entering a roundabout. I noticed that the car in front of me started to slow down when a bus tries to enter the roundabout. I was maintaining my speed at that time and honked to alert the bus driver as it was my right of way (and I was just a small motorcycle). The bus drove through without letting me pass and I can still remember the slow-motion of the incident as I pull my brake handle and slowly the motorcycle slid sideways. Thankfully, my motorcycle did not hit any cars and the car behind me stopped as soon as he saw me on the road. It was a Triton (a 4x4 car) and fortunately, every car behind it stops. The man inside the car came and help me to bring up my motorcycle.


Luckily, no bad things happened afterward. The motorcycle only had a scratch on the side and the left side mirror got uprooted. The only thing that was was damaged was the food. Immediately, I contacted the call center of Foodpanda and reported that I was caught in an accident and they will pass the order to other riders. My dad and brother came to the rescue as the accident took place about 2km away from my house. 


Arrived at my home, I quickly cleaned up the injured part of my knee. I ended my shift early at about 1800 that day. Moral of the story, whenever you are on a motorcycle, always give way when encountering a situation like this because whether you are right or wrong, you will face the major damage compared to the other vehicles. Remember to always recite the travel prayers when starting a journey so you are protected by Him always. 

 

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters by ❤️ ((roommate edition))

Trans Studio Bandung (Part 3)

Brunei Language.