My Unexpected Sport In Alam

Hey guys.... can't believe that we meet again. This going to be my 5th entry and still a long journey for me. Everybody has their own sports, right? Football, tennis, futsal, basketball and so much more. Sometime we can't expect what lies in front of us. Let me tell you my story being one of the dragon boat's paddler here in ALAM. Let's go!!!!!!!! 



Dragon Boat Competition
(source:google)



First of all, I did not even think of this kind of sport like literally. I did not expect that it would be my sport for the next four months which until the competition. Well, something are meant to be when it was good for us. 



Our very first introduction into Dragon Boat

As the first week I entered ALAM, we have to choose one of any kind of sport offered by ALAM. There were clubs and games. Lots of it. Can't even decide what to follow. And here they talked about a club named Cyclone Break. Sounds interesting, right? Sounds bold and brave kind of club. This club offered a lot of sea-based activities such as kayaking, laser and dragon boat, of course. I joined the club because it sounds fun and yet do not know what to expect.



The family of DB paddlers

I came across to this trial where they choose who's qualified to be in the dragon boat team for the Putrajaya Water Festival 2019. I managed to get myself in the team, thank goodness. I did not expect on what's coming after the trial. 

For the next two month, we've been training so hard that most of the member can't take it anymore. Now, just left with people who are passionate in this sport and has high mental strength. The first month of training was still acceptable where we tried to improve our paddling skill and techniques. Building strength in our paddling technique by going to the sea and paddle for like 600 reps.

At first, it felt hurts where you felt that your arms about the explode. Plus the heat of the day. On the second month of the training, we've been training for 6 days per week. Evening after class and full-day on Saturday. This was the phase where I thought twice. Am I choose the right decision to be in this team? With the motivational from the coaches and team member who is supportive, well I made it!!!




Yes...I'm in the mix category...

On the D-day, I was totally freaked out as we arrived at the location. Seeing the competitors who has better build than any of us. I kept overthinking whether we're pulled this off. Our race was a the afternoon where the Sun was on top of our head. Nervous combined with excitement is what I felt when we're on the starting line. Thanks goodness, we've won the first race and qualified to the next round.

Upon semi-finals, it was the best moment of my life. Probably the best race I ever had. From third position and about less than 50 m to the finish line, we overtaked our opponent and gained 2nd place. We qualified to the final!!!

Try to imagine, gaining position in less than 50 m. A new record for us. We did'nt expect this thing would happened. At that time, we're the only team who managed to go to the finals.



Finally......

There you go... we actually won 3rd place in the finals. What a record for the club. A team who trained for two months straight against the team who trained for years. The most obvious progression we've ever made. This probably the best sport moment of my life. Could'nt do it without my team mates which are very supportive and kind to me. Thanks to our coach, En. Zangi and the other trainers. Can't wait to start training with you all in the next semester. Much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters by ❤️ ((roommate edition))

Trans Studio Bandung (Part 3)

Brunei Language.